August 11, 2012

Fresh Fruit Quick Breads by Joyce Middleton

Fresh Fruit Quick Breads (Quick Breads, #1)
Nice & simple recipe book on quick breads with fresh fruit
This is a great, simple recipe book for what the title calls for: quick breads with fresh fruit.

It's simply worded, and, I feel, very personal. I love how the author placed little snippets before each recipe, and I also like the preface here - make sure to read it; it's very helpful (especially for beginners) in the quick bread scene. (I particularly liked her note about how she doesn't like having fresh fruit leftovers - and that's why she incorporates this into her quick breads!)

What I like the most? It's rather difficult for me to get ingredients in some cookbooks from the US or in the Europe. This cookbook, however, is great for me, as I can happily use local ingredients for baking these!

I'd gladly give this 5 stars, but I was saddened to know that there were no pictures of the final products in my copy. (I viewed this over a Kindle App though. The photos I saw with my e-book copy are general pictures of the fruits themselves.)

Overall, it's a lovely read, and, I believe, a great recipe book for fresh fruit quick breads. :)


  Posted on: 
-Amazon [4/5 stars] http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006Z0MS1I

No comments:

Post a Comment